WARNING: 03/04/2013 - 9Dragons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WARNING: 03/04/2013 - 9Dragons

Post  shan735 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:49 pm

Greetings Vagabonds

As of today, I would like to warn you all that 9Dragons appears to be hacked.
GM Venus appears to be hacked by someone from Play9D.

I would like to remind you all to be careful of what you put on your profiles and to change your passwords asap. Change your passwords AGAIN after the issue has been resolved.

Furthermore, prepare yourself for any loss of items and prepare for the worst.

-Gaiden-

P.S. I will update this post until this issue has been solved Smile

18/03/2013 - Immortal 1
18/08/2013 - Immortal 12

shan735

Back to top Go down

Re: WARNING: 03/04/2013 - 9Dragons

Post  Soul on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:37 am

Well sh*t!

This is getting out of control.I do not agree with Play9D.If any people play there I'd tell them to change their passwords from GamesCampus.I checked that place for once when they were giving scale decos.

Gaiden, I came to realise that Play9D is a ripoff from the German Server.They took the template off the German server and put the English stuff,that was already translated, over it.That's why when you see something there ,that isn't from GamescCampus, it is in German.

But this is a direct attack.My opinion is that Play9D must be shut down.

Soul , The Stubborn Vagabond

VagaSoul[TV] - Dissolved Body Vagabond
Judai[RO] - Floral Crown Wu-Tang Blue Dragon
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Personally, I do not think Play9D has to be shut down. I do understand why people play there instead of the official version - I do understand it very well. Also, every good MMOG has private servers, and 9Dragons, although it's not exactly what most people would call a "good MMOG", is lucky to have one. It keeps up the interest for the game of people who do not want to play the official version, for whatever reason. I think players should decide by themselves where they want to play, in the official version where promises have been given since 2006 and only few and the most simple ones were kept, or in the private version where exp, skill exp and drop rate is at least raised.

However, I do not agree with Play9D hacking and harming a GM from the official version. This will only make it more difficult, and eventually affect the players, who actually don't give a shit about this war, as well. I think both just should do their own thing: GamesCampus making their offer constantly better and Play9D offering an alternative - If GamesCampus and the new developer make a good job, people will come back sooner or later all by themselves. But they certainly won't do so by being forced; by sueing Play9D and take all alternatives from the players - That will only raise the hate and disliking from the players towards GamesCampus.

But has this hacking attack actually been proven to be by Play9D? And I also wonder - if this really was an attack by Play9D - if it was kind of something personal between Play9D and GamesCampus, or if they actually had any interest in harming the players. In other words: Was any player affected in a bad way by this hacking attack?

There are actually a few questions to me. Hacking itself isn't bad, it is like any other "legal" way something one can use in a good and a bad way. If GamesCampus wouldn't have declined the one or another good person as moderator - who knows - maybe they would've had assistance by a legion now. But instead they've taken, among others, people who were hardcore haters and flamers on the GamersFirst forum and who harassed the 9Dragons moderators back then - each and every single one.

As a note, I'm not saying GamesCampus are the bad guys. What I'm saying is that they are like Play9D made of qualities and mistakes. Every action has its reaction - and this applies to everyone and everything. Also, in a war (what GamesCampus and Play9D seem to have), it is always hard to tell who's the bad guy, because to everyone HIS or HER own way is the absolute right way. In a war, both parties have skeletons in their closet. Rare is the wise man who speaks up and says to both: "Just fucking stop your pointless fights and simply go your own way, you arrogant idiots". And I would totally agree.

Acclaim-Bardo | -Legend- | Hermit
GamersFirst-Phoenix | Legend | Forum Moderator
GamesCampus-Yang | Legend | Immortal
Elysium | [Legend] | Heaven's Gate+

»I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you.« ~ Anthony Bourdain
Legend
The Son of The Vagabond

http://vagabond.user-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:11 pm

Legend, the next day after hacking Venus they hacked his account again and made X150 event for 30 minutes(the server was rolled back the next day to before the hacking)

And yes, it was done by Play9D.They flooded the GM notice thing with the text "play9d".

And one thing that I hate is that they have the last patch from Korean while we still struggle with this ****.

Soul

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Soul wrote:Legend, the next day after hacking Venus they hacked his account again and made X150 event for 30 minutes(the server was rolled back the next day to before the hacking)

And yes, it was done by Play9D.They flooded the GM notice thing with the text "play9d".
Ah, I see. Then this whole thing has gone beyond personal.

Soul wrote:And one thing that I hate is that they have the last patch from Korean while we still struggle with this ****.
Well, this is the fault of GamesCampus for not wanting to buy the newer content OR the fault of the developer for not wanting to sell it yet to GamesCampus.

Acclaim-Bardo | -Legend- | Hermit
GamersFirst-Phoenix | Legend | Forum Moderator
GamesCampus-Yang | Legend | Immortal
Elysium | [Legend] | Heaven's Gate+

»I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you.« ~ Anthony Bourdain
Legend
The Son of The Vagabond

http://vagabond.user-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Legend wrote:Well, this is the fault of GamesCampus for not wanting to buy the newer content OR the fault of the developer for not wanting to sell it yet to GamesCampus.

From what I understand, we cannot get everything because we use a different system than the korean one and it takes some time to convert content to our system.

Soul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top