Tips for me

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tips for me

Post  Legend on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 pm

shan735 wrote:Thankfully, I've prepared a lot whilst there was a hermit event. Since I love gloves, even though I know spears are said to be the best, I had 2 HH gloves from the hermit events (i.e the mid level items) and I DID have 2 PSH gloves but they both broke from refinement T_T. So sad.
Well, the thing about Spear being the strongest weapon isn't fully true. On a high refined level, Axe appears to be the strongest one. On the other hand, Polearm Mastery gives stun, what no other weapon Basic Mastery does. Long story short: Every weapon has it assets and drawbacks.

shan735 wrote:Anyways, I DO have one more HH glove which I saved. There are no refinements on that weapon.

One thing I hate about this game is that you need money. I've been doing GCM runs with Myiume or Serbvasa and with selling items I've been able to acquire 65 million. However as you know, that isn't even enough for a trinket.
Therefore with the HH glove...should I:

a) Buy Jade Seperators- make 4 slots and add hp drain weapon ornaments?
or
b) Keep my current weapon and continue saving up for a hp trinket?
Good thing you still have one unrefined. Personally, I would save up for Jade Seperators and HP drain ornaments. The HP trinket simply gives you 2/1000 HP, what is quite pointless at such sick prices I remember it to be. The lowest HP drain ornament, the 3/1000 one, is already a lot cheaper than a HP trinket. With the amount of money you would spend on a HP trinket you could, as far as I can remember, buy at least 5 pieces of the 3/1000 ones. However, I would go for the 6/1000 ones - the price of them should be similar of the HP trinket (at least it was once), and the 7/1000 ones are simply too expensive for only 1/1000 more.

shan735 wrote:I really dislike asking people for help or get free things...however I am unable to grind now even on the greens. I die too easily.
I really need some help from experts in acquiring items that'll help me grind. I'll try and pay you all I can.
There is no shame in asking for help. Begging for help like many "noobs" do may be, but simply asking, especially among other Vagabonds, certainly isn't.

I could come online once again and help on GCM runs. I also have lots of stuff I wanted to sell once, so I could throw in some money there as well - Don't worry about me, I don't really play this game anymore anyway Smile

________________________________________________
Legend, The Son of The Vagabond | 2007-2011, 2014-2015, 2016-?

Acclaim-Bardo | -Legend- | Hermit
GamersFirst-Phoenix | Legend | Forum Moderator
GamesCampus-Yang | Legend | Immortal
Elysium | [Legend] | Heaven's Gate+

»I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you.« ~ Anthony Bourdain
avatar
Legend
The Son of The Vagabond

Posts : 439
Join date : 2010-08-23

http://vagabond.user-board.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips for me

Post  shan735 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Legend wrote:
shan735 wrote:Thankfully, I've prepared a lot whilst there was a hermit event. Since I love gloves, even though I know spears are said to be the best, I had 2 HH gloves from the hermit events (i.e the mid level items) and I DID have 2 PSH gloves but they both broke from refinement T_T. So sad.
Well, the thing about Spear being the strongest weapon isn't fully true. On a high refined level, Axe appears to be the strongest one. On the other hand, Polearm Mastery gives stun, what no other weapon Basic Mastery does. Long story short: Every weapon has it assets and drawbacks.

shan735 wrote:Anyways, I DO have one more HH glove which I saved. There are no refinements on that weapon.

One thing I hate about this game is that you need money. I've been doing GCM runs with Myiume or Serbvasa and with selling items I've been able to acquire 65 million. However as you know, that isn't even enough for a trinket.
Therefore with the HH glove...should I:

a) Buy Jade Seperators- make 4 slots and add hp drain weapon ornaments?
or
b) Keep my current weapon and continue saving up for a hp trinket?
Good thing you still have one unrefined. Personally, I would save up for Jade Seperators and HP drain ornaments. The HP trinket simply gives you 2/1000 HP, what is quite pointless at such sick prices I remember it to be. The lowest HP drain ornament, the 3/1000 one, is already a lot cheaper than a HP trinket. With the amount of money you would spend on a HP trinket you could, as far as I can remember, buy at least 5 pieces of the 3/1000 ones. However, I would go for the 6/1000 ones - the price of them should be similar of the HP trinket (at least it was once), and the 7/1000 ones are simply too expensive for only 1/1000 more.

shan735 wrote:I really dislike asking people for help or get free things...however I am unable to grind now even on the greens. I die too easily.
I really need some help from experts in acquiring items that'll help me grind. I'll try and pay you all I can.
There is no shame in asking for help. Begging for help like many "noobs" do may be, but simply asking, especially among other Vagabonds, certainly isn't.

I could come online once again and help on GCM runs. I also have lots of stuff I wanted to sell once, so I could throw in some money there as well - Don't worry about me, I don't really play this game anymore anyway Smile

In that case, I will start to look for 6/1000 or 7/1000 hp ornaments and slot them into my weapon. Once I slot it should I risk refining the weapon or not? I'm not too fussed about damage dealt as long as I can grind reasonably comfortably Very Happy

________________________________________________
-Gaiden-
Immortal 12, The Patient Vagabond

18/03/2013 - Immortal 1
18/08/2013 - Immortal 12

shan735

Posts : 86
Join date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips for me

Post  shan735 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:59 pm

I've been thinking about how you guys can help me...

If you're willing and there's a way to ACQUIRE the items through grinding mobs or doing dungeons etc...I'd be much more comfortable with that, than just having you guys give me the item for whatever amount of money etc. I'd still be using your time...but I won't feel as lousy as I would have if I just took it from you guys Smile

Hopefully you understand what I'mt alking about :L

________________________________________________
-Gaiden-
Immortal 12, The Patient Vagabond

18/03/2013 - Immortal 1
18/08/2013 - Immortal 12

shan735

Posts : 86
Join date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips for me

Post  Legend on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:46 am

shan735 wrote:In that case, I will start to look for 6/1000 or 7/1000 hp ornaments and slot them into my weapon. Once I slot it should I risk refining the weapon or not? I'm not too fussed about damage dealt as long as I can grind reasonably comfortably Very Happy
Personally, I wouldn't refine it without hardness over +3. If the weapon breaks with the damn expensive ornaments in it, it would suck the hell out of me Smile

shan735 wrote:I've been thinking about how you guys can help me...

If you're willing and there's a way to ACQUIRE the items through grinding mobs or doing dungeons etc...I'd be much more comfortable with that, than just having you guys give me the item for whatever amount of money etc. I'd still be using your time...but I won't feel as lousy as I would have if I just took it from you guys Smile

Hopefully you understand what I'mt alking about :L
The HP drain ornaments can be acquired from The Cave Hawker, the black market dealer in The Cave of The Conqueror. However, personally I was never lucky in getting good items from him, and after wasting more money down there than a 6/1000 would have cost me by buying it from another person, I stopped to try my luck and just bought them from other people.

________________________________________________
Legend, The Son of The Vagabond | 2007-2011, 2014-2015, 2016-?

Acclaim-Bardo | -Legend- | Hermit
GamersFirst-Phoenix | Legend | Forum Moderator
GamesCampus-Yang | Legend | Immortal
Elysium | [Legend] | Heaven's Gate+

»I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you.« ~ Anthony Bourdain
avatar
Legend
The Son of The Vagabond

Posts : 439
Join date : 2010-08-23

http://vagabond.user-board.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips for me

Post  shan735 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Legend wrote:
shan735 wrote:In that case, I will start to look for 6/1000 or 7/1000 hp ornaments and slot them into my weapon. Once I slot it should I risk refining the weapon or not? I'm not too fussed about damage dealt as long as I can grind reasonably comfortably Very Happy
Personally, I wouldn't refine it without hardness over +3. If the weapon breaks with the damn expensive ornaments in it, it would suck the hell out of me Smile

shan735 wrote:I've been thinking about how you guys can help me...

If you're willing and there's a way to ACQUIRE the items through grinding mobs or doing dungeons etc...I'd be much more comfortable with that, than just having you guys give me the item for whatever amount of money etc. I'd still be using your time...but I won't feel as lousy as I would have if I just took it from you guys Smile

Hopefully you understand what I'mt alking about :L
The HP drain ornaments can be acquired from The Cave Hawker, the black market dealer in The Cave of The Conqueror. However, personally I was never lucky in getting good items from him, and after wasting more money down there than a 6/1000 would have cost me by buying it from another person, I stopped to try my luck and just bought them from other people.

I met a Little Master 10 Vagabond today called Phj-Phj. He told me to have all strength relics hence becoming a tanker and get a weapon with a 7/1k hp leech. I've been thinking lately of buying some item mall stuff then sell them in-game to get enough money to buy the gear.
What do you all think? Smile

________________________________________________
-Gaiden-
Immortal 12, The Patient Vagabond

18/03/2013 - Immortal 1
18/08/2013 - Immortal 12

shan735

Posts : 86
Join date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips for me

Post  Legend on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:55 pm

shan735 wrote:I met a Little Master 10 Vagabond today called Phj-Phj. He told me to have all strength relics hence becoming a tanker and get a weapon with a 7/1k hp leech. I've been thinking lately of buying some item mall stuff then sell them in-game to get enough money to buy the gear.
What do you all think? Smile
Personally I liked to have as many HP drain ornaments as I needed to keep my life at 100% on decent mobs ganging me. My character has 18/1000 on the weapon only (2x 6/1000 and 2x 3/1000 - wanted to replace the two 3/1000 ones with one 6/1000 and a 1k physical critical ornament before I stopped playing), whereby I also have a HP hat and a HP trinket. I think the question is, how much HP drain you want to have, respectively how much HP drain is alright to you.

You could still fill one weapon slot with a 7/1000 one and see how's it going, so you would still have 3 free slots in case you would want to have more.

________________________________________________
Legend, The Son of The Vagabond | 2007-2011, 2014-2015, 2016-?

Acclaim-Bardo | -Legend- | Hermit
GamersFirst-Phoenix | Legend | Forum Moderator
GamesCampus-Yang | Legend | Immortal
Elysium | [Legend] | Heaven's Gate+

»I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you.« ~ Anthony Bourdain
avatar
Legend
The Son of The Vagabond

Posts : 439
Join date : 2010-08-23

http://vagabond.user-board.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips for me

Post  Witz on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi i'm back in game playing vagabond again Smile
Ive had a few vagabonds, two main names are --[-YaKu--- & Takashii
I play on yang server with my vagabond char Witz, i am currently fc12 =)
Glad to see theres still an interest in vagabonds and the vaga army is back up, found it by accident hehe

Im aiming to become the first Immortal vagabond in 9dragons...
Wish me luck Smile

Remember..."The Name's Bond...Vaga Bond"
xD!

________________________________________________
The Name's Bond...Vaga Bond
avatar
Witz

Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-06-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips for me

Post  shan735 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:45 pm

Witz wrote:Hi i'm back in game playing vagabond again Smile
Ive had a few vagabonds, two main names are --[-YaKu--- & Takashii
I play on yang server with my vagabond char Witz, i am currently fc12 =)
Glad to see theres still an interest in vagabonds and the vaga army is back up, found it by accident hehe

Im aiming to become the first Immortal vagabond in 9dragons...
Wish me luck Smile

Remember..."The Name's Bond...Vaga Bond"
xD!

Hello Witz Very Happy
I'm -Gaiden-, and I also play in Yang. I'm now a Golden Lotus 6 Smile
I hope to see you in-game some time soon and perhaps grind together Very Happy

Heehee, when you get to immortal perhaps you and I can campaign for vagabonds eh? Wink

________________________________________________
-Gaiden-
Immortal 12, The Patient Vagabond

18/03/2013 - Immortal 1
18/08/2013 - Immortal 12

shan735

Posts : 86
Join date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips for me

Post  Legend on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Greetings Witz/--[-YaKu---/Takashii, nice to see you back on the vagabond road Smile

________________________________________________
Legend, The Son of The Vagabond | 2007-2011, 2014-2015, 2016-?

Acclaim-Bardo | -Legend- | Hermit
GamersFirst-Phoenix | Legend | Forum Moderator
GamesCampus-Yang | Legend | Immortal
Elysium | [Legend] | Heaven's Gate+

»I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you.« ~ Anthony Bourdain
avatar
Legend
The Son of The Vagabond

Posts : 439
Join date : 2010-08-23

http://vagabond.user-board.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips for me

Post  shan735 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:12 am

Updated first post on this topic

Please read and post reply Very Happy

________________________________________________
-Gaiden-
Immortal 12, The Patient Vagabond

18/03/2013 - Immortal 1
18/08/2013 - Immortal 12

shan735

Posts : 86
Join date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips for me

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum